We are the Dark Knights!
Tell us your name to have full access the castle.

We are the Dark Knights!

The Dark Knights Castle. All roads lead home. Welcome home, fellow knight!

HomeRegisterLog in

Our future

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Avi Felarian
The Dark Assassin

Dragonfable Account : 30193286

PostSubject: Our future   Sat Jul 30, 2016 9:08 pm

Greetings.

As all of you remaining members may have noticed, our clan has plunged into the abyss of inactivity. And it has plunged hard. To be completely honest, I am not very surprised by this; the game in which this clan and forum is based off of, DragonFable, does not have a very large player base to begin with, so to have a thriving subgroup of players would be extremely difficult to produce and maintain due to the small player population.

Due to this, I have come to the conclusion that our clan cannot thrive with only DragonFable. From this, I see two options. The first is that we build up the Dark Knights as a community for gamers of all kinds, not just of DragonFable. This would obviously require a lot of effort, so if we do decide to go with this option, I would request as much cooperation from our remaining active members (whom I believe are Rocky, Gengkiskan, and Tigirosa) as possible. We would turn the Dark Knights' Castle into a place for anyone to just hop by and connect with other gamers. The second option is we let the clan be. This forum can continue as it is with the occasional visits of us active members, posting our stories, and just keep this as a place for a couple of friends. I believe that continuing the clan off of solely DragonFable is a lost cause as I presume not many players would be willing to commit to the game.

However, this is just my analysis of the situation. If any of you have any other propositions, don't hesitate to post it here. We can discuss the options I've proposed and any others here as well until we can come to a conclusion. Let us look forward to a future we may all agree upon.

- Avi Felarian

Dragonfable Account : 36303032

PostSubject: Re: Our future   Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:07 am

Cheers Avi. I do agree with your preposition, both of them, in fact. Although that right now, it is near the opening of my studying term, and I will not be really available during those times, so I reckon that I couldn't be much help. If there are remaining members available to advertise the clan to some other gaming site, I do believe that spreading the topics of this clan to other games than Dragon fable could be a great solution. (Although as of now I myself no longer played any more online games, so I had no idea regarding this) Otherwise, I reckon that we could go with the second option.

The Dark Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Our future   Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:33 pm

@Gengkiskan: Completely understood. It's a shame that you can't be available, but I guess school does that.

Considering that there is rarely any activity in this forum anymore, even from remaining members, I think we should lean towards the second option. Although, I still believe in the first option. I do not have much social reach across the internet as I am still very young, but I will occasionally work to build up the clan in the background myself. If any other remaining member sees this and would like to help me out, be my guest and send me a PM so we can cooperate.

So essentially, we will go with the second option: the clan stays as it is as a small forum for a few friends, for now. I will work here and there in the background to build up the clan and if any want to help, shoot me a PM. In the meantime, sit back and relax. Let us look forward to a future we all love.

Dragonfable Account : www.dragonfable.com/df-chardetail.asp?id=39079987

PostSubject: Re: Our future   Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:41 pm

I was kinda afraid that this will happen eventualy. Only for of us are now remaining but Avi is right. We must do something soon or we will just die  in natural death sooner or later. Every one of us have school or work. As much as I like the idea of keeping this forum as place for  couple of friends, I also agree that we cannot maintain the clan for long (a year, maybe two when every one of us eventually will give up). The best option would be to atract the attention from all gamers from AE games. I could be active in DF, AQW and Oversoul at weekends time to time but I cant be active on AE forums anymore  becouse of my intense work hours in hospital. Im still working on Minectaft castle and some art for my storry. I know I also promised to share a Dark Knight theme song with you all but it is still in work in progress. I need more time to finish them one at the time. I am really desperate  to see that our once glory clan slowly fades in darkness. The only way I see the way out is to recruit a new members so The Dark Knights could survive.
Back to top Go down
http://s1311.photobucket.com/user/Tigirosa/library/?sort=3&p
Avi Felarian
The Dark Assassin

PostSubject: Re: Our future   Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:01 am

@Tigirosa: Yes, recruitment is essential if we want the clan and the forum to thrive again. Although, I feel that focusing only on AE games may not be enough; the company's player-base is faltering as it is, so if it wasn't rare enough to find people with the commitment to join a AE sub-community, it definitely is now. This does not mean we should completely ditch DF and AE, however. We will still stay true to our roots, but we will try to appeal to gamers of all kinds, turning the Dark Knights' forum into a hub for any kind of gamer, eliminating the fear of commitment from gamers' minds and allowing them to just hop on and connect with the community.

The dream that I envision for our future is to go from the Dark Knights Clan to the Dark Knights Nation. It seems like a massive, massive longshot, but it's one I'm willing to take, even if I'm doomed to take it alone. I will keep you guys updated with my efforts in this thread. Let us look forward to a future we all love.

PostSubject: Re: Our future   

Back to top Go down

Our future
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You can reply to topics in this forum
We are the Dark Knights! :: The Dark Knights' General Discussion and Suggestions-