We are the Dark Knights!
Tell us your name to have full access the castle.

We are the Dark Knights!

The Dark Knights Castle. All roads lead home. Welcome home, fellow knight!

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Winds of Darkness

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dart Ichimonji
Rage Warlord

PostSubject: Winds of Darkness   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:26 am

So, there I was, about to die. I guess my only thought was....actually, that's a lie. My mind was blank. I guess I had just accepted it. After all, what good is a ninja, if he can't lay his life on the line to protect what's dear to him? My name, well - my Codename, is Leon. And I wasn't always like this. No, I don't mean dying. I mean I wasn't always a ninja. Most are born into this, but not me. So, please, before it's too late, listen to my story? Because if this is how I go, I don't want it to be in vain.

I guess it all started about two years ago....

"Callie, wait up!" I yelled to my sister. We were exploring the bamboo forests in Japan. Our family was only here on vacation, but while our parents were out and about, I had to watch my baby sister, Callie, the "little explorer". I swear, we just need to stop giving her sweets.
"Callie!" I yelled again.

"Come an' get meee big bwotheerrr!" I heard her yell from the woods.

"Tch, damn kid. This isn't the time for this!" I yelled out. Still, I kept walking and searching. She couldn't be too far off, she's five for gods sake. And I'll also have to bribe her with some candy or something too so Mom and Dad don't find out about this. If they hear I lost their little baby, I'd be dead in five seconds flat. "Damn kid." I said again.

Then I heard her scream.

"CALLIE!!" I said as I sprinted torwards the sound. She didn't sound like she was only playing, that was utter terror I heard. I ran as fast as I could, hitting whatever tree's got in my way. I only wish I'd got there sooner....

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Darkness   Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:46 pm

I sprinted through the bamboo to the sound of my sisters screams. "Bwooothherrrrr!!!!" I heard her say. I picked up my pace. When I got there, I'm not sure what I saw. There were three people, all just dressed in black. And their skin, was black too, almost as much as their clothing. Their eyes shone blue and their hair was mostly white. Then I saw Callie, on the ground backing away from them.

"Human girl....you make good meat." One of them said as he began to walk towards her. She tried to get away, but the other two grabbed her arms and held her there. I had to act fast.

"HEY!" I yelled as I ran, and the second the apparent leaders face turned to look for who the sound came from, he was met with my foot to his face. Still airborne, I kicked one of the two creatures, and punched the other.

"Yaaayyy!" She cheered. She can be an annoying little brat sometimes, but I had to give her credit. Made me feel good with her thinking that her brother could save the day. I just hoped that I actually could.

"Callie, run home. Now!" I told her. Thankfully she did.

One of the dark men growled at me, and then he unsheathed a sword. The typical Japanese katana. As he charged, I rolled back, grabbed his arms as I did, and threw him back into the trees. I silently thanked my parents for letting me enroll in martial arts 4 years ago. Kenpo, and Jujutsu, I figured it'd be good to learn how to strike, throw, and lock. I thanked the wisdom of my 13 year old self.

"This one's different." The leader said as he held his other man back. "I'll take him."

Then, he took off his jacket, revealing a sleeveless fishnet shirt. "Boy, I don't know who you are, but I'll kill you. Then I'll beat that little girl with your bones." He said as he got into his fighting stance. He had a pair of claws on his hands.

"Try it!" I said as I picked up a piece of bamboo just long enough to be used as a sword. 

"Hmph, you must have no idea who I am." he said.

"Damn straight, but even if I did I get the feeling nothing would change." I said. With a low growl, he charged at me.

I swung the bamboo, hoping to hit him mid-charge. He parried it away with one clawed hand, and the other was coming right at my face. I ducked under it just in time, and punched him the ribs, then narrowly ducked under an elbow strike and kicked him in the chest, hard. He fell back, but kicked himself up as soon as he hit the ground. He tried to lunge at me, but I spun off the attack, staying on his arm so he couldn't reach around and slash me. Then, I put him into an elbow lock as I buckled his knee.

"I'LL KILL YOU BOY!" he grunted at me, clearly mad.

"Yeah? From where I'm standing that doesn't seem to be an option for you." I said as I began to put more pressure on the lock. I was satisfied when I heard a large crack, and a scream.

"ARROGANT WORM! They'll avenge me, even if I don't kill you, others will." He said through the pain. I was about to make some smart retort back, but then one of his men came up behind me. The one with the katana. I barely dodged him, getting a deep gash in my cheek.

"Enough! We're leaving. You'll regret this Human!" The leader said as he held his arm.

Then, they threw down some kind of bomb, and when the smoke cleared, they were gone. Not a single trace of my three attackers. I ran home to find Callie.

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Darkness   Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:23 am

By now, it was starting to get dark. Meaning it was later than I thought it was, the sun takes far longer to go down in Japan than back home. Also meaning, that Mom and Dad were probably going to be home soon, if they weren't already. If they found Callie there without me, for any reason....Let's just say I picked up the pace a bit.

Stupid reasoning. I should've went faster anyway, right from the start. Maybe I....Maybe they could've been spared. I ran through the door, and nearly slipped in blood. My mother, and my father, were in the middle of the floor. Dead. Callie was nowhere in sight. I felt my knee's give out under me. I hit the floor. I heard a scream, I think it was me. I don't know. I couldn't even comprehend the world at the time. How can you? After seeing that...

What I do remember though, is that suddenly a man in black clothing stepped out of the shadows. Just like the guys in the woods wore. Only this time, he was human.

"YOU! YOU DID THIS!" I screamed as I stood up. The man didn't say a word. Just took a knife out of his belt, and placed it in the wall before he entered his fighting stance. I charged at him. One good right cross, that's all I needed to either drop him, or create an opening for some sort of combo.

He just knocked it aside, and then I saw his knee coming for my gut. I blocked it, attacked him, he blocked that and attacked me. I grabbed his arm and moved in just behind his back, where it'd be hard to strike me.

"What!? Your little friends couldn't take my sister their own so they sent you!? Huh, you just their little pet!?" I yelled at him. Clearly, it ticked him off, because then he just sweeped my leg out and tried to pin me with his knee. I managed to roll back and stand up before he could though. Then I kicked, he blocked. And that's how it went for a good five minutes. Both of us attacking, and both of us blocking. We were an even match. Not one of our strikes ever made it to the other person.

Then I heard the window break, and a small flaming knife hit the floor. Someone yelled, "ENOUGH!" and for some reason I became very sleepy. I tried to stand, tried to keep fighting. But before I knew it my vision was blurring, and the floor rushed up to meet me. I saw Callie running to me from a closet hiding spot, saw her screaming something, but for some reason I couldn't hear her. And then, it goes black.

PostSubject: Re: Winds of Darkness   

Back to top Go down

Winds of Darkness
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We are the Dark Knights! :: The Library-
Jump to: