We are the Dark Knights!
Tell us your name to have full access the castle.

We are the Dark Knights!

The Dark Knights Castle. All roads lead home. Welcome home, fellow knight!

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Story of Ragnyph

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Fingerman
Purple Chaos

Dragonfable Account : 21074067

PostSubject: The Story of Ragnyph   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:20 pm

The Story of Ragnyph: Chapter 1

Ragnyph searched the church. He could feel the cool underground air on his face. He had practiced his Chaosweaving for this moment. Vaal was somewhere in here. Vaal, the infamous Chaosweaver leader. Ragnyph had met him before. Ragnyph, though, was probably unrecognizable due to his long years hiding. Vaal’s only goal was to conquer, to gain, and to kill. He and his twisted Chaosweavers already took the city of Ravenloss. Once a bustling hub of trade and activity, Ravenloss is now a sad, depressing ghost town, inhabited by the brain-dead Chaosweavers. Moldy food, cobwebs, and the occasional urchin was all to be seen. The Battle of Ravenloss was a battle that would never be forgotten.
It is truly sad what happened to the Chaosweavers. They were once a thriving population, until Vaal took lead. He made a wish on this huge thing called the Judgment Wheel. Ragnyph had heard that it would grant wishes, but if it judged a wish as "unjust," it backfired. His wish, though no one knows what it was, was judged unjust by the Judgment Wheel, and unleashed a disease upon the Chaosweavers, twisting them physically and mentally. Precious few Chaosweavers weren’t infected. There was almost no hope for those that were, unless Ragnyph could get to Vaal. Get to Vaal, and kill him.
So here Ragnyph was, prowling a former church, looking for Vaal. He had heard word from urchins that Vaal was hiding here, plotting to destroy Edelia, the school of Soulweaving. Ragnyph simply could not let that happen; his own son attended Edelia. Ragnyph searched everywhere, with no luck. Just then, he heard a voice. No, a scream, rather.
“Let me go!!!” It sounded like a child’s voice. Not an urchin’s voice, the poor souls could barely speak fluently.
“Don’t worry, little one. You can live. All you have to do is tell me: where is your disgusting excuse for a school, exactly?” This voice was deeper, authoritative, merciless, and sounded partially insane. That must’ve been Vaal's voice.
“No! I can’t tell you. I’d be betraying Edelia! Everyone would hate me!” Edelia? What was an Edelia student doing here in this dangerous city?
“Well, that’s a shame. You could’ve lived, but I'm afraid you leave me no choice.”
By then, Ragnyph was peering through dirty windows, looking at what was going on. Vaal and the child, a boy about eleven or twelve, was clearly visible. Vaal had a stone-cold expression on his face. He was just as Ragnyph remembered him: average height, green hair (how did that happen?), tattered clothes, and his huge sword, Transdescence. He was holding the child by the collar, who looked absolutely terrified. The boy looked like a Soulweaver, by the looks of his black collared shirt and Spiritlooms. He was covered with sweat. His eyes darted everywhere around the room, looking for possible escape. With his free hand, Vaal held a knife to the boy’s stomach, no doubt to keep him from attacking. Ragnyph realized something: if he didn’t distract Vaal right now, the boy would die. Ragnyph stealthily teleported behind Vaal. That was one of his best skills.
“Not so fast,” said Ragnyph. Vaal was so distracted that he didn’t notice Ragnyph's teleportation. Ragnyph’s Spiritlooms were now activated, ready to strike.
“Who are you?” asked Vaal. Wow, Ragnyph really was unrecognizable.
“None of your business.” said Ragnyph “You’d better let that child go,” he added, changing the subject. Vaal dropped the child, who then scurried away to a corner and started rocking. Ragnyph hoped that he was all right.
“You’ve taken an interest in killing helpless children, I see,” Ragnyph said. Vaal grunted.
“What of it? No one cares about children, anyway!”
“I suggest you leave right now, Vaal,” Ragnyph said coldly.
Vaal raised his eyebrow, as if surprised that this person used his own name and gave him a command, all without showing fear. That only lasted a second, though. “Yeah, that’ll happen. But first, I should give you a, ah, proper greeting.”
Vaal smiled when he said those words, then lunged. Transdescence, was in his hand, ready for it's millionth kill.
Ragnyph acted quickly. He parried the blow using his Spiritlooms. Vaal didn’t hold back. He attacked again, and again. This swinging and parrying went back and forth for a long while until Ragnyph noticed that he was being backed into a corner. Ragnyph tried teleporting, but Vaal's will was too strong.
Vaal, breathing heavily, spoke up. “Well, I’d recognize those Spiritlooms anywhere. You’re Ragnyph, the rebel’s general.” Vaal smiled. “Or should I say, the rebel’s former general.” Ragnyph winced at Vaal’s words. He couldn’t bring himself to remember the pain.
“N-no, just leave me alone!” Vaal laughed at this. Ragnyph couldn’t help himself. His mind replayed the terrible memory. The memory of his embarrassing loss in the Battle of Ravenloss.

Note: I'm not typing in my usual indigo for the sake of reader's eyes.

Last edited by Fingerman on Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fingerman
Purple Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Ragnyph   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:21 pm

The Story of Ragnyph: Chapter 2

The Chaos Weaver Nation was strong, rebellious, and always fighting for freedom. Ragnyph had learned of them one day at the market, and decided to join. He had quickly risen through the ranks until he was lead general. Ragnyph had all he wanted. He was invincible. Or so he had thought.
It was the day that changed everything. Vaal and his troops were advancing on to Ravenloss. Ragnyph knew that if Vaal won, Ravenloss would be either destroyed, or captured. So, his troops were rallied, and stood, waiting for Vaal’s army of twisted Chaosweavers to arrive. It wasn’t easy, waiting. Everyone stood at attention, Spiritlooms activated, weapons drawn. The army was shivering in the cold and damp Ravenloss air. No one knew when Vaal would arrive. They didn’t know if he was expecting them or not. Ragnyph had learned, over the years, not to expect Vaal for using the same battle technique; he was not, by any means, predictable.
Just then, over a nearby dirt mound, Ragnyph saw an approaching Chaosweaver. Despite everything, he shuddered at the sight. The twisted Chaosweavers that served Vaal were a hideous sight to see. From the waist down, they were huge spiders. From the waist up, they were partially human, if you didn’t look at their claws, sharp-toothed grins, and slit-like pupils. Vaal’s Chaosweavers wore a little plate armor and were armed with two sickly green scythes. After that one passed, more came. Then more.
“What should we do now?” said a nearby soldier. Ragnyph thought. Vaal wasn’t using much strategy with this invasion. Without a word, Ragnyph started running forward, Spiritlooms activated. His Chaosweavers followed suit.
Ragnyph’s plan was simple: charge and attack Vaal’s forces. It was a bad plan. Ragnyph didn’t take the time to sit down and plot how to attack. He didn’t know what would happen. All he knew was that Vaal was planning to attack Ravenloss, his hometown. Ragnyph’s army easily killed the Chaosweavers. The army was cheering. Ragnyph himself was overwhelmed with pride. He’d won. Ravenloss was safe. Or so he thought.
Unfortunately, Ragnyph forgot one thing: Vaal was ruthless. He’d do anything to get his way. Would he take a small part of his army, have them attack from one side, and distract Ragnyph while his real army was on the other side of the city? Definitely. So it was that more of Vaal’s Chaosweavers appeared on the opposite side of Ravenloss, with Vaal in the lead. Ragnyph was terrified. How could he have let this happen?
Ragnyph brought his army through the city, and were finally face to face with Vaal’s real army. By then, it was too late. Ragnyph’s troops were getting tired. Vaal had more Chaosweavers than he’d anticipated. Vaal smirked, and Ragnyph knew that it was directed solely at him. They attacked. The Chaosweavers hacked mercilessly, used deadly spells, spun webs (who knew they could do that?), and even bit the Nation Chaosweavers. Ragnyph put up a big fight, but in the end, Vaal was victorious. He had killed every single Nation Chaosweaver, except for Ragnyph. Vaal let him go, probably just to make him miserable. It worked. Ragnyph had hated his life ever since.
Now, here he was, back in the church. Vaal’s eyes burned into his, and finally, after all the years of fear, humiliation, and misery, Vaal thought he would end it. He plunged Transdescence into Ragnyph’s stomach.
“Your welcome,” said Vaal, coldly. With that, he vanished. Ragnyph barely felt the pain, but blood gushed from the huge wound, and he felt his life ebbing away. Ragnyph needed his son to know. But how? The boy. He wasn’t rocking in the corner anymore; he was now crawling over to Ragnyph.
“T-thank you,” the boy stammered, “y-you saved m-my l-life. I-I can h-h-help you.”
“No, child,” said Ragnyph weakly, “I will have paid for my previous mistake. If you can, make sure my son knows. Make sure he knows what has happened. All of it.” The boy nodded.
“W-who is your son?” Ragnyph knew he’d be dead in seconds. He had to tell the boy.
“Ragnyph…. Junior.” Ragnyph was dead.
Back to top Go down
Fingerman
Purple Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Ragnyph   Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:16 pm

The Story of Ragnyph: Chapter 3

Edelia was an okay place to live. There was edible food (something hard to come by in Ravenloss), education, and company. Also, Edelia was safe. Ragnyph’s father had enrolled him here when he had led the attack against Vaal. Ragnyph loved his father – he couldn’t wait until he was out of Edelia and reunited with him. Of course, Ragnyph knew why his father would stick him into this Soulweaving school. Ragnyph was now a target. His father was hated by any citizen of Ravenloss; especially the infected Chaosweavers. It wasn’t right but some people’s hatred was also directed at Ragnyph. His father wanted him safe. Ragnyph heard rumors that the thought extinct Chaos Weaver Nation had a small pocket of resistance, and couldn’t understand why his father didn’t place him in their care. After all, he was their former general. He also knew that his father wasn’t a man that was easily able to be convinced. Ragnyph’s biggest resentment toward Edelia was this: most hated him because of his father’s mishap.
So, here Ragnyph was, in his dormitory getting ready for the day. He glanced at the nondescript bed next to his. Ragnyph’s roommate, Zalk, was declared missing yesterday. Ragnyph didn’t feel close to the boy. Of course, he didn’t want anything bad to happen to Zalk. Ragnyph wondered what the boy may be thinking this moment. Was he scared? Worried? Perhaps he was doing just fine. Yes, the boy looked weak and scrawny, but he had a disturbed past; Ragnyph could see it in his eyes. Zalk had most likely suffered abuse and malnourishment on the dirty streets of Ravenloss. He was sharp witted, though. Ragnyph thought Zalk would pull through whatever was happening. Ragnyph put aside his thoughts about Zalk and resumed getting ready for the day. After taking a quick shower and getting dressed, Ragnyph headed down the sconce lit halls for breakfast. Just before walking out the door, Ragnyph realized he forgot his Spiritlooms. He hurriedly headed back to his room to get them; any Soulweaver would be caught dead without Spiritlooms. After 3 flights of stairs, Ragnyph reached the dormitory building’s ground floor, and pushed open the door.
Edelia’s campus was not very big; the people that designed the school didn’t want to take up any more space than necessary. Edelia had a huge wall around its perimeter and arched pathways to each building. The walls and arches were adorned with ivy and lit by large sconces even during the day. There were 8 buildings in all. There was the Soulweaving Combat building and a training yard accompanying it about the same size, the Soulweaving Arts building, the Weaving Artifacts Gallery and Studies, the Chapel, the dining hall, the tall building that held the dormitories and lounges, and 2 buildings Ragnyph didn’t care to find out what they were. Everything was made of the same dull gray stone, and most areas had ivy on the walls. Some of the walls were cracked.
Ragnyph headed down the pathway to the dining hall, where breakfast awaited. He passed a few students, most of whom ignored him, but some shot him a hating glare or bumped him around. Ragnyph reached the wooden doors to the dining hall, and pulled them open. He saw the wall with steaming plates of food. That was normal. However, Ragnyph saw something else that wasn’t so normal. Almost everyone was clustered within a few tables near the center of the room. They were all clamoring to either speak to or at least see whoever was in the center. A few looked behind them and saw Ragnyph standing in the doorway. Before Ragnyph could react, the crowd parted enough for him to see who was in the middle. Very bony, dirty, battered, almost unrecognizable, Ragnyph would recognize him anywhere. Zalk. Looking into his eyes, Ragnyph saw terror, and knew exactly what Zalk was going to say a split second before the words came out of his mouth.
“Ragnyph, your father…” Zalk began, and his voice cracked, and tears ran down his face. He gulped, and finished the sentence. “He’s dead.”
Back to top Go down
Fingerman
Purple Chaos

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Ragnyph   Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Chapter 4
Ragnyph didn't realize he ran away from the school until was halfway across the city of Ravenloss. He debated whether that was a good idea to leave. Either way, going back was not a good idea. The headmaster would be furious, and he'd be scrubbing floors for at least a year. Edelia did not take kindly to runaways.
So, Ragnyph wandered the city streets. With his hood up, of course. A half-trained Soulweaver would be slaughtered by a gang of Chaosweavers looking for some clothes or money. Or food, Ragnyph thought with a shudder. If only Ragnyph had a Soul Ally to guide him...
Much like Ragnyph, Sisyphus was wandering through Ravenloss's half-ruined streets. This city was being built while Sisyphus was human. At least he thought. Most spirits only remembered part of their previous life. Sisyphus had been condemned when he died to wander forever, through this city never to enter the Spirit World, like the good spirits. Decades, he had drifted. It was said that any spirit could bond with a weaver, and then be free. Ah, only wishful thinking. Sisyphus never even came close to bonding with a human. What a joy that would be.
As if Sisyphus had conjured the idea, he saw a boy, albeit an older one, walking down a street. A living man couldn't tell, but Sisyphus could easily see that this boy was a Soulweaver. Dangerous, that was. But the thing that lit up Sisyphus's mind was that this Soulweaver was away from Edelia. And alone. If he could get this boy to bond with him, his curse would be lifted.
"Hey, kid..." said Sisyphus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Story of Ragnyph   

Back to top Go down

The Story of Ragnyph
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We are the Dark Knights! :: The Library-
Jump to: